Pages

I always thought I'd marry a cowboy...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We shared a sweet time together on our "Reminder Day."


We talked about how different life would be if we hadn't given things a whirl back in November of 2008. We talked about how things are hardly what we thought they would be this time three years ago, but they couldn't be more perfect. We talked about where the Lord is taking us. We talked about babies and when the best time for them would be. We talked about what kind of dogs we would get our kids and what we would name them. We talked about the Lord moving us from this town and into one where we could both do the things that we love to do. We talked about buying our first house and how great it will be to own the house we raise our babies in.

We ate food that cost more than we could afford. We laughed at how out of place we looked next to the snobby lawyers and doctors that surrounded us. We laughed at the people who had one too many Valentine’s Day Beverages. We held hands like it was our first date. We rolled our eyes at the people who complained about the menu. We watched the waiters stress out at trying to make sure everybody's plates were right and said a prayer of thanks for our jobs. It truly was a wonderful time together.

I mentioned to Cody that I always thought I'd marry a cowboy and he laughed hysterically. I don't know how we got on the subject or why it was so funny, but it was a memory and apparently a new joke in our home. I made cookies that we shared with coffee. We watched an episode of "House" and I mentioned that I always thought I'd marry a doctor with a cane. A cowboy doctor with a cane. We ordered the third season of LOST and I told Cody that I always thought I'd marry somebody with a British/Australian accent like Charlie’s. A British/Australian cowboy doctor with a cane (I would like to clarify that I really only intended this joke to be about a cowboy).  We fell asleep before we had the chance to say I love you, but I think we fell asleep knowing it with our whole heart. I love Valentine’s Day.



I hope you all shared a wonderful time with your Love. I hope you remembered that he or she tolerates you on days that anybody else would "accidentally" catch you on fire. I hope you were reminded of the way your life could've turned out without them. I think that even if I had a British/Australian cowboy doctor with a cane, my world would still feel empty. I think that the "cowboy" had always envisioned would have been too great of a disappointment. Yes, I would probably love his wranglers and his chaps and his boots...but not nearly as much as I love the man that walks through my door in an N-tune Shirt at the end of every day. He Lassoed (is that even a word?) my heart in his own way....not literally, which I'm thankful for, because that probably would have been a little uncomfortable. He truly is a farm boy at heart, raised on a farm in tiny town up North...he just avoided the wranglers and chaps and boots. This had to be the Lord’s will, because he probably knew I wouldn’t be able to practice self control otherwise. Although, Cody in wranglers is kind of hilarious to think about. Hum. Curiosity overwhelms me. Regardless, I'm thankful that the Lord is in control of our love story and our life together. I'm thankful that he knew that I was too controlled by my uterus to survive college without somebody's chest to bury my head and cry my guts out in. I'm thankful that he knew that Cody was going to need somebody to rescue him from the Chili he made every other night (which is the entire reason I started cooking. It was horrible). We needed somebody to hold onto when life moved too quickly...and that's exactly what the Lord gave us.


Love never fails (Even when they don't throw the bacon grease from the night before away...gag).
KG

No comments:

Post a Comment